Update on Sunday, January 24 at 1:25 p.m.
KC has also cancelled the 11:45 a.m. services.
Posted on Saturday, January 23 at 10:15 p.m.
To all our ODPCers,
Given the historic snowfall and the impacted road conditions, and also because most of our key Sunday Team leaders/members are stranded in their homes, we have decided to cancel tomorrow's services. We have already planned to re-schedule a weekend with Christopher Yuan and his parents.
In light of our cancellation for tomorrow, I wanted to ask the following from us as an EC ...
1. For those who serve with our Youth Group, Kids for Christ, and our Little Lights ministries, please wait to see if our youth and elementary ministries are still worshiping at 11:45 a.m. A decision will be made by 9:00 a.m. tomorrow. If so, please come out to serve the rest of our Open Door family.
2. For EC members with SUVs, please consider serving and picking up nearby youth group/elementary staff and teachers and volunteers IF they have service tomorrow (see #1 above).
3. For those of us who are staying home, read and meditate on the Bible. Isaiah 1:18 was on my mind today as I was digging our family out ...“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."
4. Seize this Sunday to spend quality, unrushed time with roommates, friends, and family. It's a gift from God!
5. Serve this Sunday. Shovel a neighbor's driveway or to clear out their sidewalk. Afterwards, invite neighbors for cocoa or invite them over to watch NFL playoffs.
Whether we're serving or shoveling, let's seek to experience His open door -- even with 28+ inches of snow.
Have a safe Sunday! Enjoy your time with God and one another! And see you all next Sunday!